Friday, July 30, 2021

First Day of DFI- Core Business

 My First Day  Learning in DFI

I am glad that I got an opportunity to do a DFI course right in my first year of teaching in New Zealand which is quite different from what I used to do in my 10 years of teaching back in my home country India. I never did digital teaching before, so this was quite challenging for me when I got my full time teaching position in NZ. Preparing and managing different slides, documents is very time consuming for teachers like me who never did this before. Right on the first day I am so satisfied that I am going to learn a lot from this course to make my life easy.


I have always heard about Manaiakalani in my school, but never got to know more deeply about it. So it was a good opportunity to learn about the journey of Manaiakalani from 2006 which is still continuing. It was great to know how the Manaiakalani made an effort in progress in educating young learners and motivating them to engage with curriculum and also providing a model for 21st century teaching and learning.


Getting busy with my full time teaching and never using Google drive before, I never got enough time to explore the features in google drive or google doc before. Learning the use of different features of google drive like organizing your drive and using different tools in google doc was very helpful to me saving my time in my lesson plans and searching my slides and documents. 


Finally, making a blog was an interesting part where I tried to make an invitation. Dance is my passion and I am a trained Bharatnatayam dancer who is looking forward to organising a dance program in future.




4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Nisha,
    It sounds like DFI is going to be a fabulous learning opportunity for you! I'm sure there will be a lot that we cover that will be really useful for you. I love the dance invitation you created. When I was at university I took a paper where we went to Kerala and looked at the place of dance in the community. We watched several incredible performance which your photos reminded me of, and took some classes too (although it was a long time ago and I can't recall the names of the types of dance we did). Thanks for the little trip down memory lane!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Vicki

      It is pleasant surprise for me to know that you have been to my home town Kerala and you have experienced our dance forms. I am getting a wonderful learning experience through DFI and I am confident that I would be more digital savvy as we progress.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nisha

    Fabulous to get to know you and have you in my DFI bubble. I'm looking forward to working with you over the coming weeks.
    Your dancing looks amazing, I have always been in awe of the beautiful Bharatnatayam dance. I saw a film years ago with Bharatnatayam dancers and it was so enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Kerry

      Thank you and I am also pleased to be in your bubble. I love the way you work with each one of us giving time individually. It was wonderful to know that you are familiar with Bharatnatayam dance form because I was in an opinion that no one knows about Bharatnatayam here.

      Delete