Friday, August 6, 2021

Second Day of DFI- Workflow

 Today in second day of DFI course I learned about Manaiakalani working on "Learn Ako". I understood how Manaiakalani is supporting the learning community move from analogue world to the digital world via Evidence-based programme and also increasing teacher effectiveness and accelerating learning outcomes.

My school site has an access to Akoranga Learning Hub where we have an access through all the subject resources link shared by the teachers in school. This means "Learning is to continued". If the students are not able to attend school for some reason, they would always have an access to their learning. Also, this learning in our school is not limited to only students and parents, even the people from outside community can access the learning.

Today I learned about Google Meet, Google Keep, Gmail, Google calendar, and controlling different tables. I really liked an idea of labelling emails with different colours which is helpful to sort out the email I am looking for and also giving a colour code to different events in the calendar and viewing the events by sorting it out by labels. 

I also learned to create a Google Meet invitation. In this I enjoyed recording the video of Google meet with Anusha who is in my bubble group of DFI course. You can see my first Google Meet recording below.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Nisha

    I'm so pleased this is all coming together or you and you're able to put into practice what you learn each week. It's good to see students make use of the school's Akoranga Learning Hub. Wonderful to have one learning portal for students to make it easy for them to find their learning online.

    Your blog is looking great Nisha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry. Akoranga Learning Hub is now very useful at this lockdown time for even parents to access their child's work.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nisha, hope you are enjoying the learning with DFI. I can see that at your school you already use the digital framework to have resources available for learning online. What tools have you found useful so far in your class from the DFI?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen
      Almost all the tools would be useful to me, mostly ones learned for google docs and slides.

      Delete
  3. Hi Nisha,
    I enjoyed reading your reflection andwatching your recording.
    I really like how you changed the colour of your font in you blog post! It looks great.

    Nga mihi
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emma for your comment. Changing colour in different paragraphs helps me to know that I am discussing different sub-topics.

    ReplyDelete