Friday, August 20, 2021

Fourth Day of DFI - Dealing with Data

 Today's first session was 'Connecting with Manaiakalani' where the main focus was on SHARE.

Manaiakalani works with learners to raise their achievement outcomes by making them share their learnings. Blogger was chosen as a platform to share. The reasons for Manaiakalani to choose Blogger are it is multi purposed, can be used by learners and teachers, able to provision this legally, systematically and securely, and also it reaches to the largest audience via Google. Sharing is to finish learning.

Then we moved on to Google Forms, where I learned to create my own Google form adding questions and images to it. I just did some basics today, but I would like to explore more with the Google Forms as it would be useful for me and my students in different ways. Below is the image of Google Form I created.



The next session was on Google My Maps, which I found very interesting as I could make my students do some Maths learning of Perimeter and area of the shapes formed by joining different places in the map. Below you can find my learning of Google My Map.


Then we moved on to learning different features of Google sheet which would be also useful for me in my profession to organize with different data of the students. I learned to change the format, add different formulae, filter view, and conditional formatting. I also learned to explore charts for my data set and move it to own sheet which was very interesting. Some additional features then I learned was adding spark line, text wrap, and adding check box.

Finally, we ended up learning how to analyze the blog post on spread sheet. Below is my analysis.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Nisha

    I can't wait to see where you take Google Maps with your high school students. Will you keep me posted how it goes?
    You are doing so well Nisha and I like how you adapt what we cover for your own context.
    Check out my colleague Lenva's siteto see how to make your Google doc fill your blog post without the scroll.

    Keep up the great work Nisha :)

    ReplyDelete