Friday, August 27, 2021

Fifth Day of DFI- Collaborate Sites

Today I had a fantastic session on Collaborate Sites, which can help me to add some creativity to my sites to get my students engaged. 


We started connecting with Manaiakalani 'Visible Learning'. In terms of learning, it is difficult for students to success if they or their whanau do not know where their children are going or what they need to do or what is happening. So it is very important that every part of students' learning should be visible right from planning, process, outcomes till assessment. That is visible teaching should be accessible, available, and advance- should not be a surprise.

Then we had a Multi Modal deep dive session- Engaging the learners by empowering them.


The priority goals are engagement, personalised learning, accelerated achievement, and empowerment. It is very important to create a hook which helps to students get engaged- this can be a Multimodal design for behavioural engagement and Multi-textural design for cognitive engagement.



The I got some Hapara hot tips on the Sharing tab. It was interesting to know how teachers can keep a track on students' learning by checking unshared, public, external and all docs drive on teacher's dashboard and also how teachers can have a quick search for particular topic by using magnifying tool.



The next part was knowing about Google Sites. I got to know about different features like adding a title to home page, changing background, adding additional pages to it with subtitles, inserting button with hyperlink, and adding youtube or google forms in it. 


Then we gathered information and resources to begin with creating our own site. This part was quite interesting and gave me a different perspective to think how I can make my site look creative to engage my students.


Lastly, we created our own Google site with the gathered information. My Google site was created for Smart Media- Fake or Real? Below you can see my created Google site.




2 comments: